Monday, October 11

A night in East London

The area I moved to in London is pretty well known for being young and pretty trendy. Needless to say I had to venture out to see what the night life is like. I did this with my trusty partner in crime Cara.

We started at a bar called Light bar. Not my scene, the people we're pushy, as in they would push you out of the way when there was definitely another way of going. I wasn't in the way to begin with. We finished our drinks and moved onto another bar. The second bar was called 333. The music sounded like menu music from a poor quality DVD. The kind you wake up at 4am wanting to throw the remote at the tv all the while wishing you hadn't fallen asleep with a movie on. But it had a second bar upstairs.

Don't know what its called but the music was good, the boy to girl ratio was in my favor. And best of all Cara found me a new tasty shot. Tequila Rose. It's a strawberry liqueur. It's like a happy mini smoothie of fun. We danced and danced. Than bad new struck. Cara's phone was stolen. We figured this was a sign to end our night and it was about 2am. So we began to head home.

Than a cute boy began chatting up Cara. She was upset so it helped. He asked if we were going to "____" clearly I was paying attention. Apparently its a strip club by day 1950's themed late night bar open past hours by night. He offered to buy us drinks and it was on our walk home. So we figured we'd stop in. It was awesome. Lots of cute boys, we got free drinks, and it was fun to dance to the music. Randomly a guy starts staring at my arm. I'm used to it but since I had had a few drinks I was willing to explain it, not always the case. He couldn't seem to gather what I was saying. I moved on. About 5 minutes later I look over and he's snorting cocaine. Welcome to London I guess. He was kind enough to offer me some. I politely declined but it explained why he couldn't comprehend what I said and why he thought I was Irish. No clue.

That was our cue to leave. We said thank you to the boy who bought us drinks and headed back to my flat with a small detour. In Florida late night drinking usually led to dodgy hot dogs. In London my drinking snack is chips or rather french fries. Something about those freshly cooked bundles of joy just manages to always bring perfect closure to a good night.

I had so much fun, I found some new place to go to, and new people to avoid. Hopefully Cara and I can have another night like this soon.

Also I found my car. It's an automatic so I can actually drive it here, but I still don't have a license. So cute.....

No comments:

Post a Comment